Nikon is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of optics and also imaging related products. As a big brand that they have become and it is no news that they are also amongst the best producers of lenses, here are the 5 best Nikon binoculars out there:
- Nikon 8248 ACULON A211 10X50 Binocular
- Nikon 8218 Trailblazer 10×25 binoculars
- Nikon 7×50 OceanPro Binoculars
- Nikon 7576 Monarch 5 8×42 Binoculars
- Nikon 8×42 Prostaff 3S Binoculars
This is designed for a wide range of outdoor activities, including birdwatching, nature observation, and hiking. This wonderful piece of binocular has seen sharper images with less distortion even at the lens periphery. It features multilayer-coated lenses for brighter images. These Nikons binoculars are also made with turn/slide rubber eyecups that facilitate easy positioning of the eyes at the correct eyepoint and also a rubber armor for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip. Nikon Acculon A211 10×50 binocular is definitely a pick if you are always aware of what lies ahead.
- Clarity: Multilayer-coated lenses for a brighter image
- Relative Brightness: 25.0(At minimum magnification)
- Ease of adjustment: Smooth zooming with finger-tip zoom control(zoom models only)
- Construction quality: Shock resistance, firm and comfortable grip
- Comfort: Sleek design
- Close focus range(m): 15.0
- Field of view at 1000m(m): 66 (at minimum magnification)
- Price: $99.00 at present
- Easy to focus
- Zoom in or out
- Good clarity
- A little heavy
- Lousy quality control
The binoculars are a bit heavy for field use, but using for range spot works well. The tripod adapter makes it easy to see the shot. They have a sturdy case and are well made, the lens covers could be better but they still get the job done.
The Nikon Acculon A211 10×50 binocular is most recommended for hunting and range users. Professionals enjoy these binoculars
Nikon 8218 Trailblazer 10×25 hunting binoculars reviews
The Nikon 8218 Trailblazer 10×25 hunting waterproof compact binoculars make even those with the tightest budget smile. A fully waterproof and fog proof binoculars, this binocular is high on both its value and its function but low on cost and weight too multicoated optics and twist-up eyecups of the Nikon binoculars ensure a clear view and comfortable fit for all.
The waterproof/ fog proof Trailblazer 10×25 binoculars are Nikons compact All Terrain Binoculars (ATB) it features sleek, lightweight, body, leads and arsenic-free Eco-Glass optics. Multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds offer crisp and sharp viewing.
Features of the Nikon 8218 Trailblazer
- Clarity: Multilayer of anti-reflective compounds offer crisp and sharp viewing
- Brightness index: 25.0(At minimum magnification)
- Ease of adjustment: Centre focus system
- Construction quality: Rubber armored body, nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed, compact and rugged design.
- Comfort: Compact and rugged design
- Close focus range(ft.): 11.5
- Field of view, linear(ft.): 342 ft. at 1000 yards
- Price: $74.95 at present (check latest price on Amazon here)
- Very compact
- Water and fog proof
- Poor focusing mechanism
- A small field of view
The compact 10x25mm 8218 Nikon trailblazers are water and fog proof, weigh less and are very compact (open or closed with the height of only 4”) and also has a superior glass. The downside is that the focus adjustment is quick, there is just about ¾” inch of slop in the focusing wheel.
The Nikon 8218 Trailblazer 10×25 hunting waterproof is best used for hunting and isn’t really recommended for professionals as they might encounter many difficulties.
Nikon 7×50 OceanPro Binoculars
The Nikon 7×50 OceanPro Binoculars is the perfect companion to your active water-bound activities, Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed for waterproof, shockproof and fog proof performances, there is also the incorporation of the rubber-armored exterior that provides a non-slip grip and also helps prevent sliding on helm station, this also applies in rough conditions. The Oceanpro utilizes precision ground lenses with multiple layers of anti-reflective coatings to deliver superior brightness, enhanced resolution and critical high contrast for low light and bad weather conditions. It utilizes a fold-down rubber eyecup that protects the eyes from bumps in rough water conditions and provides 22.7mm of eye relief to accommodate eyeglass wearers and non-eyeglass wearers alike.
- Clarity: Ground lenses with multiple layers of anti-reflective coatings to deliver superior brightness, enhanced resolution
- Relative Brightness: 50.4
- Ease of adjustment: Smooth central focus knob for fast range focus for quick viewing
- Construction quality: Durable Rubber armored body, nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed, compact and rugged design.
- Comfort: Compact and rugged design
- Close focus range(ft.): 33
- Field of view, linear(ft.): 378 ft. at 1000 yards
- Price: $199.95 at present (check latest price on Amazon here)
- Great rubber coating
- Water and fog proof
- High-quality binoculars at affordable price
- A bit heavy
- Somewhat large
The Nikon 7×50 OceanPro is a great binocular especially for water area, although they’ve now found use in bird watching now. The price is amazing for the quality it makes it a must-have for everyone. It is a bit large in size and a bit heavy.
The Nikon 7×50 OceanPro is best used on boats and especially for everyday marine activities. They are also recommended for professionals as they would widely benefit them in their viewing activities
The Nikon 7576 Monarch 5 8×42 Binoculars was to handle low light conditions with ease, it adds high tech extra-low dispersion glass with fully multicoated Eco delivers images that are greatly real in color and also in detail. The Nikon 7576 monarch 5 8×42 Binoculars has fog proof and waterproof capabilities from its Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealing. It was designed for performance and features such as the smooth turning central focus knob for simple and intuitive design, it brings an object into focus with great ease. It is almost one ounce lighter than the previous monarch released by Nikon, Nikon 7576 monarch 5 8×42 Binoculars is even easier to take with you during your outing.
- Clarity: Rich, Accurate colors – Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating
- Brightness Index: 28.1
- Ease of adjustment: smooth central focus knob for quick object focus
- Construction quality: Nikon ED glass, Durable Rubber armored body, nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed, High-eyepoint design.
- Comfort: Portable- small and lightweight
- Close focus range(ft.): 7.8
- Field of view, linear(ft.): 330 ft. at 1000 yards
- Field of view, Angle: 6.3 degree
- Price: $269.47 at present (check latest price on Amazon here)
- Low light-gathering abilities
- Very rugged
- Objective caps are a little loose
- Not made in Japan or USA
The initial impression from these binoculars sure seems to indicate the right choice has been made concerning purchasing this particular binocular. It can be used for spotting, birding and even general travels. The lightweight makes it very easy to carry about to any location of choice with ease, the low light performance is first-rate and the contrast and color in challenging light is among the best.
The Nikon 7576 Monarch 5 8×42 Binoculars is highly recommended for bird watching, the object detail gotten when viewing from it is really amazing not to mention the light nature that makes it even very easy to carry for hours. Professionals would enjoy these beautiful binoculars with its top-notch specifications. If you are looking for the best Nikon binoculars, let’s consider this one.
The Nikon 8×42 Prostaff 3S Binocular lives up to its namesake with bright, multicoated optics, wide field of view, long eye relief, and waterproof/fog-proof performance. Notably lightweight and compact, the PROSTAFF 3S is a very unique binocular. It is very rugged at the same time optics worthy. It provides a clear field of view for its user even when they are wearing eyeglasses, its rubber-armored design provides a non-slip grip even in the wettest of conditions.
- Clarity: High-reflectivity silver-alloy mirror coating prism Multilayer-coated lenses for bright and clear viewing
- Brightness Index: 28.1
- Ease of adjustment: Smooth central focus knob for quick object focus
- Construction quality: Durable Rubber armored body for the firm and good grip, nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed for waterproof and fog proof.
- Comfort: Compact and lightweight
- Close focus range(ft): 9.8
- Field of view, linear(ft): 377 ft at 1000 yards
- Field of view, Angle: 9.8 degree
- Price: $86.95 at present (check latest price on Amazon here)
- Great focus
- Very clear optics
- Has no tripod mount
- Could be a bit harmful to California resident
The Nikon 8×42 Prostaff 3S Binocular is very clear and quick to focus, they work with great range and you can see a wide and long-range while using them. They are crystal clear and even work in the low light perfect gift for a person that has everything.
The Nikon 8×42 Prostaff 3S Binocular is great and excellent for hunting they can be used to see animals even in low light, it is easy to also focus on them too. The grip from the armored rubber makes it also very good for holding while enjoying its many other great qualities.
Established in the 1900s, Nikon has built an excellent reputation and quest to produce that the best binoculars at the most reasonable prices imaginable. This brand name also has a penchant for quality, with a 25-year warranty on every single one of their binoculars. When you buy Nikon, you know you’re getting the best.
Let’s take a look at our recommendation above to choose the best Nikon binoculars for you.
You should read next article: Best Nikon Binoculars for bird watching